Wednesday, August 3, 2016

What I've been doing recently.....

 Recently finished commission piece...Carl and Reggie.....celebrating their first wedding anniversary in October so Reggie had me work up this piece for them...turned out great.....and he loves it.

 "Destination Rosville" was accepted into the Map It Out exhibit coming up at the Blue Line Arts Gallery....so happy this made it in and I'm hoping for a quick sale.

 "Yosemite Valley Floor"...was accepted into the 2016 KVIE Art Auction and I just found out I received a "jurors award" and it will be featured at the upcoming Gala Party in Sept and featured on TV as an award winner...who would have thought.

And this is a pieces I just finished...."Morning Walk for Water"  20"h x 30"....colorized the background fabric with oil pastels, colorized the women and gourds using colored pencils, fused to background and then I stitched each image and gourds and then shadow stitched the complete background....loads of thread on this one for sure.

I've got a long list to create on my "to do list" but wanted to complete the one above for myself before I started in on production pieces for other venues.

And while I'm doing all of this, I'm teaching myself how to weave, which I'm finding to be quite fun....starting with a small lap loom and hope to graduate up to a larger one every so often until I'm working the large floor looms my sister is working on....my daughter Jennifer and her step-daughter Frankie also have looms and we gather once a week and work together on our projects.

My sister in law Ilene is staying with me this week while she takes chemo treatment for her cancer.  I'm more than happy to help her out even thought I'm no longer with her brother...we can still be friends no matter what happens.  Feeling more rested and seem to be getting back to being just "me" and not someones care giver.

Time does heal!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment