Saturday, September 3, 2016

Marni & Jason

Our gallery put on a social evening for all the members along with celebrating the upcoming marriage of one of our hardest working officers, Jason Branz....we celebrated by having an "Artful Wedding Shower" showering them with hand made/art related gifts for their new home.  The piece above is what I created using one of Jason's favorite images of the two of them...Helps that Jason is a photographer, but it also helped that there were two great people.  I printed this image off onto cotton fabric in black/white and then I colorized the image using colored pencils....Marni's hair was the most fun, even more fun when I started sewing all those curls.  It's all about the sun glasses and the hair in my opinion.  They loved the piece and they are back home working out all the wedding plans for their ceremony that happens the end of this month.  Congratulations to Marni and Jason...

Also finished my first long piece of weaving last night...it's drying out in the back studio where it's warmest.  I also acquired a new loom this past week...my friend Cindy Lee from the gallery offered me one of her older looms,  a 20" rigid heddle floor loom and I took her up on it immediately....this loom rolls the woven piece in front as you weave, where the smaller loom that I start with does not...the older loom weft gets pulled when inside the area where it's kept taunt and I didn't like the look when competed.  Waiting for the warping pegs I ordered (they act as a third hand helper) before I warp the new loom.  Excited as I can move the loom into the living room and I can weave and watch/hear the TV to help pass the time while I weave.  The weaving process is very relaxing..you develop a rhythm and the color designs just knock my socks off.  Really enjoying the learning experience.  I think this is one of those processes where you are always learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment