Sunday, October 23, 2016

More Leaf Pounding...Bad News into Next Project

 Continuing on in my leaf pounding project.....I was working them all up for the 30 x 30 project through Blue Line Gallery, but got word yesterday that 50 people applied for 20 spots and I wasn't accepted, so I had to spin on a dime and come up with Plan B....
 And Plan B was to take twelve of the 30 I had worked up and finish them off, stretch them and put them in the gallery mid-November for the holiday rush and hope some sell...they are small, make a nice gift and I'll sell them for about $35...we'll see what happens.
 And the others that are smaller and I have an abundance of, I will hold off to the side for another day and the singles that I've been pounding, I'm making into holiday ornaments.  See below....layering them with batting and backing, sewing with gold through around each leave and in the center of the leaf, adding green twine as holders...sew and trim and I've got an ornament.  Making about two dozen to contribute to the holiday tree at the gallery.  Have to do my part and contribute to the holiday cause.
People ask me how I can get so much done............and I think to myself, I have plenty of time, why not just sew or create.  And I can sew fast and accurate at the same time.  When you've been sewing as long as I have, and let's face it, it's been a long long time, I can get things done. 

Once I get these simple pieces out and off my table and to do list, then I can concentrate on the harder pieces that I have planned to do...time consuming projects, experimenting with new ideas and just having some good old fashioned "fun". 

No comments:

Post a Comment