Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Last Minute Commission


Got a call this past Thursday from a customer who had seen my work in the Old Sac gallery several months ago, took my brochure and wondered if I could put something together for her by this coming Saturday....baby shower gift type thing.  Of course I can....hoping my printer wasn't still acting up running fabric through it as it had been the week prior.  Printed off the image on Saturday and spent a good part of the day Sunday doing all the sewing to finish up and get it out FEDEX today....plenty of time before their Saturday party.  And it turned out great.....the image had a blue blanket wrapped around baby Raquel Rose, but I changed it to pink and I stitched it heavily so it actually does look like a fabric blanket around her.  She's a beautiful child...the finished project looks great...my photograph isn't the best, done on the quick!      This is what I call "spinning on a dime"....getting it done ahead of time quickly and still doing a good job.  It was difficult to get the right skin tone as baby skin in pure....used three colors of pencils to get the right combination all over the skin showing.

Now I can get to sewing on the five new pieces I'm working up for the gallery to install on 2/1.....


No comments:

Post a Comment