Thursday, January 8, 2015

RE-ORGANIZING for 2015




Worked up five new pieces to finish this month to install at the gallery in February.  Above is my three cowboys which I really like...the kids are fantastic....I colored them with colored pencils and fused to a dyed silk background and that will be heavily machine sewn, as well as each of the boys.

Spent much of today organizing my studio and setting up for my plans for the year.  Going to try to stay focused throughout the year, keeping track of everything as I go so I don't waste time nor money along the way.  

Also spend some time getting ready for my first members meeting at the gallery this evening...going over what worked for 2014 and what to expect for 2015..with lots of hand outs for each of the members to read at their leisure.  Trying to jump start them into getting more involved with the gallery and it's function....otherwise this gallery will not make it.

Signed up for an on-line class with Susan Shie...fantastic painter/drawer/art quilt maker from Wooster, Ohio...can't wait to start.. class is titled "Lucky Drawing 101" and we going to be drawing only onto paper...large pieces with all sorts of tool which I already pretty much have from my class I took last year from Jane Davies.  Her class was more abstract drawing while this class might be more up my alley...using real images but in your own style and color.

later!


No comments:

Post a Comment