Sunday, November 30, 2014

Holiday Studio Happenings


Every year I make a huge effort to produce my own holiday cards...and yes, I'm a big believer in sending out a holiday card at this time of the year.  It might be the only time I connect with many on my mailing list and therefore what I send should be something special.  I feel that way, not sure everyone that receives one does, but that's OK also.  In the past I have block printed a card, painted a card, created a fabric tree, created puzzles, printed off my own creation as the subject matter on the front of the card and so on and so on.............................................this year I wanted to do something simple but different, so I'm machine sewing a loose interpretation of a holiday tree onto the front of the card, writing a message at the bottom, cutting my own star to adhere to the top and I've printed off on my HP printer a message for the inside.....working up a dozen at a time...and I'm only on my second dozen.   Usually I have them all complete and in the mail by this time of the year, but I'm a bit behind, but they will be done by the end of the week for sure.

Not many folks put our holiday cards any longer...in fact not many send out anything any longer..it's all done through the internet or facebook or ???????     I really like the personal touch and I hope that those I send to know that and get the spark or idea to do the same.  It's a tradition that shouldn't end because of the times, but carried on.  Just like sending out Thank You cards...always do that, but many do not.  I just want someone who takes the time to think of me to know that I care that they did take that time. 

Although I'm a social bee and like to be around other people, this year for Thanksgiving hubby and I spent it alone...just the two of us.    I good a small type turkey dinner and we were perfectly happy;  no mess, no fuss, no huge clean up.  Not that we weren't invited somewhere, it's just that hubby is having a bout with anxiety when it gets in crowds...therefore, we just can't attend those types of events right now.  He even opted out of his own families holiday party later this month (usually has a minimum of 40-maximum of over 80)...too many people.  We are planning on having a dinner here at home on Christmas day and we're hoping adult kids and grandkids will come...plans are in the making.


No comments:

Post a Comment