Tuesday, November 4, 2014

PASSION





I realized something yesterday that really has me totally upset....I have such a huge passion for so many things in my life and my husband has none.  And that saddens me terribly.  I am a bit naive at times because I think everyone leads the same life as I do, until I stop and talk with others or think about what they do and don't have in the lives. 

My passion stems from my art work...I appreciate others art work and am passionate about finding out how and why they do what they do....just like I think about why I do what I do in my art form.

Example...last night I was watching Craft in America: Service...fantastic series and this episode was wonderful....featured a young new artist, Ehren Tool who lives in Berkeley and creates ceramic cups with images of war and his experiences while he serviced in the Marines.  Fantastic work, fantastic images and a fantastic person....and I got very excited about what he was doing I wanted to share what I had learned about him with my husband, the only other person I live with in this house, and he wasn't interested in the least, just went back to sleep in his recliner.  I had no one to share my excitement with............so, I emailed Ehren himself and now I have an ongoing conversation going with him about his art.    I found a new friend.

I realize I have a lot of passions in my life....passion for my family, passion for my friends, passion for my art and passion for how I live my life..................and I totally refuse to give in to anything else at this point in my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment