Friday, June 17, 2016

More Exhibits to add to the Resume



I was notified that I have been selected to show work in two new exhibits coming up this Summer 2016.

Focus on Fiber, National Juried Fiber Arts Show, June 28-July 16 at Sacramento Fine Arts Center.  Accepted into this fiber only exhibit are:  Standing Guard, Old Faithful and Loop t'Loop.  All three that I submitted were accepted.  Juried by Ana Lisa Hedstrom.

Blue Line Arts has another exhibit I submitted to and was accepted:  "Membership Medley" begins 7/11 ending 8/22..."Giraffe in a Blue Box" will be on display. 


2016 has been a great year for me exhibit wise and I couldn't be more pleased with the reception I'm getting with my work.  It has given me the confidence to consider entering the upcoming call for artist for the Crocker-Kingsley Art Competition through Blue Line Arts which exhibits early 2017.  I'm working on my piece to submit and possible a second if I can get myself through this first one.  Very different for me, using pastels on fabric along with collage and loads of shadow stitching on the surface design. 




No comments:

Post a Comment