Sunday, June 26, 2016

Taking Photos

 Because this is hanging on my wall behind my sewing table, I tend to overlook it...strange since it's so large...it's actually 42 x 42 with 30 6X6 pieces attached to a back board...this was my 30 x 30 exhibit pieces from late 2015/early 2016 at Blue Line Arts Gallery.  I'm just now getting around to photographing the piece as a whole and each of the individual pieces.  I submitted it to Cloth/Paper/Scissors along with two other pieces for consideration in their current competition.  Hoping to get one at least accepted.  It's worth the risk and money to put myself out there from time to time.

 This is a pic of my sister Robin and I (pink) with our two neighbors from across the street on Garden Street in Redding, California, where we grew up.  We had a great childhood..did all sorts of things, camped every summer, girl scouts....had a great bunch of friends and we rode bikes, skates all over the place without a fear in the world.  No TV, no cell phones....just  played outdoors all day long during the summer .. coming home for lunch and dinner.  Every day after lunch we'd go to the "plunge" which was a community pool and played for hours in the water...Redding is very hot during the summer months...I have seen it 110 in the shade at Shasta Lake.
This is p ic of my Dad and Mom...dressed up for a Halloween party they attended..not much to do in Redding, but they were members of a "Our Nite Out" club that met every months for dinner, drinks and dancing and they had a great time. 

If nothing else came from working up this piece, I realized quickly that all the situations and things we were exposed to during our childhood were good and wholesome and good natured...we were not influenced by religion or any other type of outside influence, just good judgement and guidance from our parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment